I have shared my struggles with the winter blues in the past. This year has been especially difficult due to my health. It’s really hard to stay positive when your body is not cooperating, and you have one medical concern after another. Completing the 100 Happy Days Challenge was helpful, but I needed something more.
I recently started ready Happy Women Live Better by life coach extraordinaire Valorie Burton.
Right now I'm focused on practicing the first happiness trigger - ANTICIPATION. Each morning, I think about one thing I can do that day to FLOURISH (my 2015 theme word). Last week, it included
- getting a manicure and pedicure
- simplifying my goals for the year
- reading about happiness triggers
- relaxing in bed
- attending an advanced yoga teacher training
- researching churches in DC
This week, I am anticipating:
- vegan, gluten-free, homemade strawberry banana pancakes
- attending a special yoga class for women in midlife (I am 40 after all)
- having dinner and drinks with a former colleague
- getting another manicure
- having dinner and drinks with a college friend
- traveling to Tampa, FL to enjoy the 70-degree weather
- giving my girl Sheena and her daughter big fat hugs
- relaxing by a pool or at the beach
- leaving my new Ugg boots at home
- having a writing date at a local coffee shop
- living room furniture window shopping
Learn more about the happiness triggers: http://www.valorieburton.com/products/happy-women-live-better/
Crystal Moore began her wellness quest in 2003 after being diagnosed with lupus. Her quest has led her to embrace yoga, faith, exercise, healthy eating, and relationships. Share her journey.