Last year, I wrote a lot about my tendencies toward perfectionism, which often translates in working long hours, resting little, and missing out on leisure activities. This year, I want to write a lot about how I am flourishing in my life—professionally, spiritually, relationally and financially. Toward that end, I have been focusing on cultivating greater happiness through anticipation. Although a day late, these are the things I am looking forward to doing during the last week of January.
- getting a haircut
- preparing to move Serenity Place to its new location
- finalizing the design for the Serenity Place DC t shirt
- spending the weekend growing as a yogi and teacher (Advanced Teacher Training)
- cooking a big pot of chili
- spending the afternoon at the Phillips Museum
- writing the first pages of my memoir (argh!!!)
- my first session with my mentor (she’s amazing!)
- designing new information cards for the new studio location
- getting my first massage since November
- interviewing a high school student who wants to attend Princeton
- talking about the Bhagavad Gita
It’s going to be a great week! And I am committed to getting a good night’s rest, so that I can fully enjoy each moment.
Note: I am a HUGE sports fan. Normally, watching the Super Bowl would make the list, even if my beloved New York Giants weren’t playing. But I am a bit disappointed in this whole “deflate-gate mess.” Plus, I will be in teacher training all weekend. I may tune in for the second half.
Crystal Moore began her wellness quest in 2003 after being diagnosed with lupus. Her quest has led her to embrace yoga, faith, exercise, healthy eating, and relationships. Share her journey.